- Leave a message
- This is a great hostel. Clean n spacious with friendly attentive staff. There was always free coffee but I didn't see any free toast or waffles. If I needed any assistance then the staff was prompt to assist and very thorough, caring and friendly. Thank you Bear Hostel I really enjoyed my stay!
- We really enjoyed this hostel. Nice rooms and the kitchen had everything. Good service. And we had a great time even if Canmore was floating june 26 2013.
Marita and Lina Sweden
- I stayed in july three weeks in the hostel. It was a great time. All the employees are very nice. I can recommend this hostel!
- Great source to get updated by some of the greatest news,Great job you did,Awesome blog
- I have traveled to over 50 countries in my lifetime. The Hostel Bear is the best equipped hostel in the world by far!!! The staff are awesome and add to the unprecedented level of comfort you will enjoy during your stay. The quality and attention to detail are really amazing
- Replied on: 12:22pm 04-10-2011
- Thank you very much Brent, We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
- I first booked my stay here because of the price, but when I arrived I was shocked at how nice it was. It is literally a newer hotel that was completely redesigned into a hostel. The staff were pretty cool, always attentive and kind. The place itself is massive for a hostel. The kitchen and dining room is huge and kept quite clean (I think they clean it everyday) and the other common areas were really nice with fireplaces, super-comfortable seats everywhere and lots of room.
I'm surprised there are so many negative reviews about this place, I had an excellent time, my room was kept very clean and from what I could see the common areas were clean too. The staff was nice and the price was significantly lower than anywhere else that I could find. All of this on top of the fact that this was better than some hotels I've stayed in, I had an excellent time and recommend this place to anyone!
- Thank you for accommodating our request and need for an extra night. Your quiet support in our hour of tragedy was greatly appreciated. It is true that the smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intentions.
Micheal and Dorann Loehr
- Quiet and Clean, centrally located. Good place to meet other climbers and hikers.
Kitchen facilities are the best I have ever seen. The spare showers and toilets are a good idea.
- Replied on: 11:07pm 08-27-2010
- Thank you Liam, you can thank the owner Tim Conroy for our kitchen and layout. We appreciate your comments...
- I have stayed here many times. I have brought friends and would stay here again.
Reason for visit: Caving
- Replied on: 11:04pm 08-27-2010
- Thank you Kevin, your continued business is greatly appreciated.
- The ambiance, the service and the prices all reasonable and make for a good value and experience. I love the overall ambiance and the friendly staff.
- Replied on: 11:03pm 08-27-2010
- Thank you on behalf of The Hostel Bear and my staff, we sincerely appreciate your positive comments.
The Hostel Bear
Krista D. Polley
- Hope your summer season has started off well !
Have a great summer !
From: Caribou Hostel in Golden B.C.
- Replied on: 2:17pm 07-02-2010
- Thank you for the nice card Krista, I hope you are having a great time during your peak season.
All the best from The Hostel Bear !